We all know what the 7 days of the week are, the 12 months of the year are, the days of each month are and we can all tell the time, well except Joey Essex. But I seem to spend the majority of the time these days asking the question “what day is it?”.
Yesterday is a prime example of this. I genuinely believed it was Monday the 31st of May. It was June the 1st. My grandma also thought it was still May.
I don’t understand how this happens, I am always on my laptop and phone which has the date and time on, I have a calendar with the day on and I even have a watch with the date on, yet I still find myself asking “what day is it?”. Time just seems to be going so quickly it’s weird. And if you start to think really deeply about time and how it works and it’s origins it makes you want to have an existential crisis.
This is the reason why this post is going up today on the Tuesday, because when it got to the time I usually write my post I completely forgot that it was Monday.
Anyway, today/yesterdays post is/was going to be a little different, it was inspired by my good friend Vicky (her blog is amazing http://goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk/ ). She does a lot of music based posts and I love reading about peoples music tastes, music is so powerful, it can empower you and it can be cathartic, it can make you dance and it can make you cry. So I thought I would share my Top FIve songs of the moment, some of these are “modern” some of these are “older” but these are just what I’ve been obsessed with lately. And as is traditional, I am doing this in a list.
- I actually only discovered this song yesterday but I fell in love with it. I love an inspiring quote and this song is full of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY0QcSQf_mc it’s called The Call and it’s sung by Regina Spektor and it’s wonderful.
“pick a star on the dark horizon, and follow the light”
- I loved this band when I was younger and I didn’t really know who they were, then I heard some youtubers(Dan and Phil) talk about a band and I was curious about who they were so I did a little Google search(other search engines are available although let’s be honest who uses Bing) and listened to their music. They were the band I loved when I was younger, I was so thrilled with finally knowing the name of this band. Muse. This is one of my favourite songs they’ve done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGqFXtgUwzs
“this ship is taking me far away, far away from the memories”
- This song is sung by the beautiful Taylor Swift and as soon as I heard it I was like, “yes, this is good” it’s the song Style and I love it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CmadmM5cOk
“long drive, could end in burning flames or paradise”
- I first heard this song when I was at Michael McIntyres Easter Night At the Coliseum and I loved it, when I started to hear it on the radio I loved it even more. It’s Big Girls Cry by Sia and, like all her other music videos, this one is powerful and amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NhKWZpkw1Q
“I may cry ruining my makeup, wash away all the things you’ve taken”
- My final song I have been loving lately, although I have hundreds of songs I love to listen to, is Jungles song Busy Earnin’. I feel like the music itself is so uplifting and empowering, whenever I hear it I feel energised. The music video also makes me want to become a professional dancer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcsfftwLUf0
“you think that all your time is used, too busy earning”
There we have five of my favourite songs, as you can probably tell, I have quite an eclectic music taste but eclectic is my middle name, well it’s not technically but you get my drift.