Here in the UK (and indeed quite a lot of Europe) we are experiencing more than an hours worth of unbroken sunlight. It’s been sunny for two days in a row now, TWO. And the best part is it’s been warm as well. Not like usual when the sun is lying and you go outside and freeze to death. It’s been a joy.
Well. When I say joy I mean a slight pain in the arse. We British people don’t cope well with weather changes, and as the weather is not rainy or mild we aren’t coping very well. But I thought I would offer my advice to you, for the best ways to cope with this sudden summer we appear to be having.
- Suncream. I don’t want to sound all preachy on you, but it’s really, really important.
- Wear the right clothing. I check the weather every night before going to bed, and then when I wake up (I really am the definition of old before my time) just to make sure I’m wearing the appropriate outfit to suit the weather conditions. But carry an umbrella with you just in case.
- Ice cream. It is a godsend, my current favourite is Kellys chocolate brownie salted caramel. Yes it is as good as it sounds, and no this is not an #ad (though I wish it was free ice cream is goals)
- Smoothies. These are a great way of staying hydrated and being healthy. Win win.
- Windows. Despite the peril of bugs and spiders getting in your room, keeping the window open really does help.
- Converse. Make sure you mention the weather at least once to every person you have a chat with otherwise you cannot call yourself British.