It’s no secret that I’m not the tallest sunflower in the garden (is that even an expression?), I measured myself against a kids height chart in Sainsburys the other day and was delighted to see that I was 160cm tall, which is the height of a 13 year old. I am 20.
Being short has its downsides, which for all you tall people, I shall list now:
- Doing anything with double duvets or sheets is a nightmare, my arms aren’t long enough to fold it properly, let alone actually make a bed.
- Reaching anything on high shelves is just not worth the hassle. And I work in a library so you can imagine the fun I have.
- You’re mistaken for being a child, so you get looked at with a look of pity when walking around a shop, as if you have lost your parent.
- Trousers never fit properly, it’s such a pain tripping over your own clothes.
- Carrying bags isn’t easy as they end up scraping along the floor.
Although, there are many advantages to being short, it can be a right pain. What are the disadvantages to being tall? Let me know!